- 1 Brief information about Narendra Giri Maharaj
- 2 Role in Prayagraj Kumbh Mela
- 3 Associated with Controversies
- 4 There was a dispute with the DIG
- 5 Narendra Giri Maharaj’s death
- 6 Cause of Death of Narendra Giri Maharaj Ji
- 7 PM Modi expressed grief over the death of Narendra Giri Maharaj
- 8 Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath ji also expressed grief
- 9 Mahant Narendra Giri CBI Report
- 10 References
Brief information about Narendra Giri Maharaj
|Birth||not yet known|
|birth place||not known|
|Post||Head of All India Akhara Parishad|
|chief disciple||Anand Giri|
|Death||20 September 2021|
|Cause of death||Suicide as per investigation (Investigation is still on)|
|Death penalty||Anand Giri|
- Mahant Swami Narendra Giri of Akhil Bharatiya Akhara Parishad was a person of militant nature since his childhood.
- Mahant Narendra Giri ji was elected as the President of Akhil Bharatiya Akhara Parishad in October 2019. Narendra Giri ji, after completing his education till class XII, had taken sannyas at the age of only 18-19 years. After taking sannyasa, Mahant Narendra Giri ji started on the path of religion and spirituality at a very young age.
- In the year 2016, Shri Mahant Narendra Giri had gone to Ujjain city and asked the local administration there to protect the lands of Simhastha area with great force and provided new facilities to the saints by getting new constructions done in all the akhadas.
- Before the Simhastha Mela of 2016, Narendra Giri had also visited Khalikur Rahman’s house, Shaharqazi of Ujjain Nagar and had also invited him to come to the Simhastha Mela.
- When Shrimant Narendra Giri ji became the President of the Akhara Parishad, for the first time, the royal bath of the Shaiva and Vaishnava Akharas was held together. In this way Narendra Giri ji was always in favor of unity in the society.
- According to the information available so far, Narendra Giri ji has a younger sister who has reached Uttar Pradesh from Titalgarh in West Bengal to have the last glimpse of her brother. According to the sister of Narendra Giri ji, since he had retired, till now Narendra Giri ji has not had any relation with his family.
Role in Prayagraj Kumbh Mela
Mahant Narendra Giri played an important role in the Kumbh Mela held in Prayagraj. During the Kumbh Mela, which Akhara Parishad will take bath, it is decided by the Akhara Parishad and Mahant Narendra Giri was the President of the Akhara Parishad during the Kumbh Mela. During the Kumbh Mela, he had guided the governance and administration regarding the arrangements.
Associated with Controversies
Mahant Narendra Giri often remained in the media headlines due to his statements or other things. He was always outspoken. Mahant Narendra Giri had thrown him out of the monastery after a dispute with his disciple Narendra Giri. However, the arena was later withdrawn after the mediation of the council. Apart from this, be it declaring the controversial saints as fake saints or there is a case of murder and harassment of saints, he has always made frank remarks.
Apart from all this, in the year 2012, Mahant Narendra Giri also had a dispute with the SP leader and MLA from Handia Mahesh Narayan Singh. In the year 2015, there was also a controversy over giving the title of Mahamandaleshwar to a real estate businessman named Sachin Dutta. Along with this, questions were raised on Mahant Narendra Giri regarding the death of Mahant Ashish Giri, secretary of Panchayati Akhara Shri Niranjani in suspicious condition.
There was a dispute with the DIG
In 2004, Mahant Narendra Giri had a dispute with the then DIG RN Singh over money in the matter of selling land. In this case, the DIG had staged a sit-in in front of the temple for several days. Mulayam Singh Yadav, who was the Chief Minister at that time, intervened in the matter and suspended the DIG, after which the matter calmed down.
Dispute with Disciple Anand Giri
Mahant Narendra Giri has a dispute with his disciple Anand Giri. Anand Giri had made many serious allegations against him, including manipulation of crores of rupees from the math and Hanuman temple. Saddened by the behavior of Anand Giri, Mahant Narendra Giri expelled him from the ashram. After this, when the Akharas intervened, Anand Giri apologized by falling at the feet of Mahant Narendra Giri. After this, the matter was calmed down, but the relationship between the two did not remain as before.
Narendra Giri Maharaj’s death
Narendra Giri Maharaj Ji died yesterday on 20th September 2021 in suspicious condition. People were surprised after finding the body of Narendra Giri Maharaj ji in this condition. Because Narendra Giri Maharaj was a very high thinking person and no person had any apprehension that he might even commit suicide. His fans say that he did not commit suicide but he was murdered.
Cause of Death of Narendra Giri Maharaj Ji
The body of Akhil Bharatiya Akhara Parishad chief Narendra Giri Maharaj ji was found in suspicious condition on 20 September 2021 from Baghbari Math in Prayagraj. It is feared that his death may have also happened in the Baghbari Math of Prayagraj. Not only this, his death is being told as suicide because a suicide note of about 5 pages has been found from him.
In this suicide note, his chief disciple Anand Giri has been blamed. How true this is, it has not been proved. Because the investigation is still going on. Some people also say that some Anand Giri ji is being implicated. Because Anand Giri ji was the main disciple of Narendra Giri Maharaj. That is why no one wanted him to become the head of this monastery later.
In the last few days, such phrases have come to the fore, which were surprising to the entire All India Akhara Math. In the last few days, Narendra Giri Maharaj and his disciple Anand Giri had only one dispute, keeping this controversy in mind, it is being told by the police that it is a suicide. But the investigation is still going on and after reading the suicide note, the police have told that Anand Giri may also be behind it.
After this, the forensic team and special team have started investigating the matter and it is currently investigating the matter. Prayagraj IG K P Singh has said that “We have received information that such incidents happened in the Math of Prayagraj and we reached the spot as soon as possible.”
Prayagraj IG KP Singh was already dead and lying on the ground before reaching there. He also said that when he reached there he saw that the rope was hanging from the fan and Mahant ji had died. Initially, people called this incident a suicide. But a suicide note was also found from him, in which he had written a complete letter regarding the will of his ashram.
Narendra Giri Maharaj ji wrote on his suicide note that “I am committing suicide and the reason for my suicide is that I am unhappy with my disciple.” Narendra Giri Maharaj ji’s body was found in his guest house and not only this, some suicide notes had names of other disciples along with Anand Giri ji.
PM Modi expressed grief over the death of Narendra Giri Maharaj
After the death of Akhil Bharatiya Akhara Parishad chief Narendra Giri ji, Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted on his Twitter account, writing that “The death of Akhara Parishad President Narendra Giri ji is very sad and despite being devoted to spiritual traditions, he The saint played a major role in connecting many streams of society with one society, so God bless his soul, Om Shanti!
Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath ji also expressed grief
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath ji also tweeted on his Twitter account to Shri Narendra Giri ji and wrote that “Brahmlin of Akhil Bharatiya Akhara Parishad chief Mahant Narendra Giri ji is an irreparable loss to the spiritual world, this is our prayer to Lord Shri Ram. May the departed virtuous soul rest in his lotus feet and give strength to the bereaved followers to bear this immense sorrow!
Apart from the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and the Prime Minister of India, many politicians also mourned the death of Mahant Narendra ji Maharaj and also paid tribute to him.
Mahant Narendra Giri CBI Report
- The CBI team reached Prayagraj in connection with the investigation into the death of Mahant Narendra Giri, president of Akhil Bharatiya Akhara Parishad.
- After the death of Akhil Bharatiya Akhara Parishad (ABAP) President Mahant Narendra Giri, the big question remains, who will be his successor? The representative saints of 13 monasteries can take a decision on this by holding a meeting just before the ‘Shodashi’ ritual.